An EPIC 2018 is Here
Employees are the foundation of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System. Each one showcases qualities that amplify the care patients receive at SMH.
That’s why we started the Employee Partners in Caring (EPIC) campaign, a two month long giving event that allows SMH employees to give back to different areas of the hospital and fund things like continuing education, facility improvements, and equipment and technology upgrades.
Since the launch in 2003, employees have proven that generosity is a quality that is abundant throughout SMH.
Over the last 15 years, the EPIC campaign has raised more than $800,000. Some of the programs EPIC has funded include:
- Breast Feeding Counselor Certification
- Diabetes education for the uninsured
- Gestational Diabetes Education
- Employee Wellness Coaching
- NICU Nurse Conferences
- Courses and Conferences for Oncology Nurses
- Wound Care Certification
Equipment that’s been funded includes:
- Dynavision Visual Motor Training devices
- Maternal Neonatal Ambulance
- Orthoscan C-Arm
- Resuscitator for Mother-Baby Unit
- Transesophageal Echocardiagram (TEE)
- Ultrasound Transducers
- Vector-Vision Surgical Navigation System
- Employee Health Equipment
Facility Improvements include:
- AV Equipment for conference rooms
- Emergency Care Center Family Quiet Room
- Furniture and fixtures for the Rehab Staff Lounge
- Hearing Loop in the auditorium
- Nursing & Rehab Center Courtyard
- Pediatrics decoration improvements
The improvements don’t stop there and neither does the generosity. We’re ready to make 2018 our most successful year yet. This year we’ve added new events like the Ice Cream Social and we’re bringing back the ever popular Celebrity Bartending event and the Silent Auction, and new this year, anyone can bid on Silent Auction items at EPIC18.gesture.com on May 10th from 10p-2p.
We’ve also made giving to EPIC as easy as ever. Employees can give by payroll deduction, paid time off or a one-time gift and they can feel fully confident that 100% of their donations will be invested back into our hospital community.
Not an SMH employee but still want to support the EPIC Campaign? You can give online at iGive2EPIC.com.
Events to look forward to:
Where: Libby’s | 1917 S Osprey Ave, Sarasota, FL 34236
When: May 24th, 2018 | 5-8p
EPIC Silent Auction
Where: SMH Window’s Cafeteria | 4th Floor or online at EPIC18.gesture.com
When: May 10th | 10a-2p
Sign up to receive updates about Sarasota Memorial Healthcare Foundation